Male charged following shots fired
At 10:23 p.m. on April 19, 2019. Halifax District RCMP responded to weapons complaint that occurred on Clarence St. A motorist called police to report that his vehicle was shot and struck on Clarence St. The driver was the lone occupant of the vehicle and was not injured.
The suspect, Cambridge Jecoby Downey, 25, of North Preston was arrested during a traffic stop on April 24 without incident. He has been charged with:
- Attempt Murder
- Careless Use of a Firearm
- Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of a Restricted Weapon
- Possession of Restricted Weapon with Ammunition
- Discharge Firearm with Intent
Downey remains in custody and is scheduled to appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court on May 6, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.
The investigation is being led by the General Investigation Section of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division with assistance of the RCMP Forensic Identification Section.
File # 19-55577