For Period of: September 13-20
Total Occurrences: 184
RCMP has charged a 21-year-old man following an altercation in North Kentville in which police say shots were fired.
On July 24, at 5:40 p.m., Kings District RCMP responded to a report of shots fired on Gracie Drive.
According to police, two men got out of their vehicles and got into an altercation. Both men had fled before police arrived, but officers learned that one man had a gun and a gunshot was heard.
Police located one of the men a short distance away.
On July 26, Halifax Regional Police officers arrested the second man without incident and turned him over to Kings District RCMP.
21-year-old Stephen Derez Brown-Beals remains in custody and is scheduled to appear July 27 in Windsor Provincial Court to face the following charges:
• Discharging a Firearm with Intent
• Pointing a Firearm
• Careless Use of a Firearm
• Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle
• Carrying a Concealed Weapon
• Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
• Unauthorized Possession of Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
• Uttering Threats x 3
No one was injured during the altercation. The investigation is ongoing.